There is almost no one on this planet who does not want to enjoy the beauty of nature and if there is a chance to stay and observe various natural scenic beauties closely, then everyone will love to get that flavor. One of such rare places on earth is Jammu and Kashmir with a picture-like natural beauty enveloped by the snow-peaked high mountains, several lakes, and innumerable tourist places to get more and more.
It is such a place that even if you visit it once in a lifetime, then also you will definitely want to recall those amazing memories till the last day of your lives. Those memories will always stay in your mind’s golden cage which may want to come out often either while discussing them with others or maybe you will do mind travel while feeling bored or stressed. And, one thing is very clear that we can guarantee you from now, these memories will bring a smile to your face no matter whatever mind condition you are going through then. We have captured the top 10 tourist places in Jammu and Kashmir that you can visit to increase the collection of memories in your life album.
Many people often consider Kashmir as the Switzerland of India due to the stunning and incredible majestic views or places. The blessing of the presence of some of the most popular and attractive places makes your list of tourist spots incomplete without including the name of this region. If we start listing out the best places to visit in Jammu and Kashmir, then the list may go much longer. However, we want to highlight the top 10 tourist places in Jammu and Kashmir that can insist you plan for a trip this year only.
The article will be a bit lengthy one but try to keep patience and stay tuned till the end to get all the relevant information in one single blog that you may land very rarely while going through the search results of your browser. Due to lockdowns, tourism activities have declined a lot in all the places of the world but after those periods got over and unlock period started, Kashmir slowly gained pace to enhance its tourism activities a lot. For safety purposes, only those people that carry a negative COVID-19 certificate are allowed to enter the valley with all the necessary precautionary measures. Following the safety guidelines properly like carrying masks, sanitizers, etc. can make Kashmir an adequate place to visit for getting rid of the boredom of lockdowns.
List of the best places to visit in Jammu and Kashmir
1. Srinagar – the Heaven
Located on the banks of river Jhelum, this is the most popular and best place to visit in Jammu and Kashmir commonly referred to as the “Heaven on Earth.” Do you want to get a break from your stressed city life and want to spend some days in peace? This is the best place where you can peacefully spend some of your days to refresh your body and mind because of the fantabulous scenery that will touch your inner soul.
Dal Lake is the major attraction that forces the tourists to come again and again here to enjoy the glorious beauty of this Kashmir tourism pride or the most popular sightseeing. This lake is enclosed by the Pir Panjal mountain ranges and the Mughal Gardens that is an ideal place for planning a stay with families, honeymoon trips, or solo if you want to get rid of your stressful life and find some peace amidst the splendid natural beauty.
Planning to shoot a film but confused about the location for shooting? You do not need to worry about the location when you have the beautiful Dal Lake that can serve as the most beautiful shooting location for your film. The snow-capped mountains, Shikara rides, floating flower markets, houseboat stay are the major things that will stay in your mind forever.
We would recommend you to stay in the houseboats on Dal Lake to get the most taste of nature and the scenic beauty of Srinagar. There are many popular houseboats in Srinagar where you can book your stay. Some of the best houseboats in Srinagar on the Dal Lake include the Chicago Group of Houseboats, the Young Bombay Group of Houseboats, the Swan Group of Houseboats, etc.
Thus, Dal Lake houseboats and the Srinagar shikara ride are the major attractions that you should not miss out on. The Dal Lake in winter gets frozen, so if you enjoy visiting a frozen lake then it can be a good decision to visit at the end of December or January. But it is better to not go there in the winter season since you cannot enjoy the Shikara rides and all.
Apart from the houseboats, you can also plan to stay in some of the best hotels in Srinagar near Dal Lake and you can book luxury, economical, or budget-friendly hotels as per your liking and budget.
Besides the attractive Dal Lake and the Nageen Lake, there some other popular tourist places like the
- Lal Chowk
- Nishat Bagh
- Shalimar Bagh Mughal Garden
- Chashma Shahi Garden
- Pari Mahal
- Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden
- Shankaracharya Temple
- Hazratbal Masjid
- Dachigam National Park
- Jamia Masjid, etc.
Whether you book any guide to visit the major attractions or the sightseeings then these are the popular ones that must be visited.
The Kashmiri cuisine is popular across the globe thus Srinagar is the best place to try out some of the local dishes besides the Kashmiri shawls, apples, and dried fruits like almonds and walnuts.
In the winter season from December to February, heavy snowfall impacts the connectivity that makes it non-ideal for the tourists.
Best restaurants in Srinagar
The two best restaurants in Srinagar are the Ahdoos Hotel for non-vegetarian foodand the Krishna Dhaba Restaurant for vegetarian dishes.
- How to reach Srinagar – It is easy to reach Srinagar by flight to the Srinagar International Airport or you can board a government or private bus. By train, you can also reach the Jammu railway station and then reach Srinagar from there.
- Interesting Things – Houseboat stay, shikara ride, visiting the Mughal Gardens are the best things to do here.
- Appropriate Time to Enjoy – June to October is the best time to visit Srinagar and for enjoying snowfall, you can visit there from December to February.
- Places to visit in Srinagar – Dal Lake, Nigeen Lake, and other several attractive places are there to visit in Srinagar.
- Best Hotels or Resorts – Four Points, Welcome Hotel, Radisson Hotel, etc. are some of the best hotels in Srinagar near Dal Lake.
2. Vaishno Devi Katra – Heaven for the Pilgrims
This is one of the main attractive place to visit in Jammu and Kashmir being a temple town housing the famous Vaishno Devi Mandir. Vaishno Devi is a manifestation of Maa Durga goddess and popularly known as the Mata Rani, Trikuta, and Vaishnavi.
Here, she is believed to fulfill the wishes of all her children, and the devotees believe that Mata Rani calls them to reach there. This place is popular as thousands of devotees visit there from all over the globe. There are three naturally formed rocks, popularly known as pindies that represent the Maha Kali, Maha Saraswati, and Maha Lakshmi.
Besides one of the reasons for popularity as the temple town, it is also a popular trekking destination managed by the Holy Shrine Board from 1986. It is counted as one of the best places to visit in Jammu and Kashmir with one crore of visitors every year since it is regarded as the 108 Shakti Peeths in India.
- How to reach Vaishno Devi – You can go by train to the Katra railway station which is the easiest way to reach there.
- How to reach Vaishno Devi from Katra – The place is nestled in the Trikuta Hills and approximately 13km from Katra. Thus, you need to cover a walking distance of 13 km uphill to reach here which can take about 7 hours depending on your pace and weather. As a different option, many vendors offer helicopter services or Ponies and Palanquins which is the best option for elder people.
- Interesting things – Trekking is one of the major things that you can experience here along with trying some local foods there and also doing a little shopping if you want while going there.
- The appropriate time to enjoy – March to October is the best time to visit here.
- Tourist Places near Vaishno Devi – Bhairo Baba Temple Katra.
- Best Hotels or Resorts – Hotel Subash International, Devi Mahal, Hotel Bhavini, Madhu Palace.
- Nearest Railway Station – Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra
- Vaishno Devi Yatra Info – Registration for starting date, darshan timings, and walking distance complete detail’s check here
3. Pahalgam – The Majestic view
Situated at an altitude of 2740m, Pahalgam can be considered as the heaven on this planet which is the most popular, beautiful hill station and one of the major attractions for all the tourists. This place offers a great treat to the eyes and mind with the attractive natural beauty that is one of the rare things to find on Earth.
If you are stressed with your daily busy routine, then this is one of the best places to visit in Jammu and Kashmir to reduce all your stress and tension located at a 95 km distance from Srinagar on the Lidder River banks. It is famous among the tourists for various adventurous activities like hiking, trekking, and fishing.
Pahalgam is the base of the Amarnath Yatra with Chandanwari situated 16.6km away from here that serves as the actual base camp of Amarnath. You can enjoy trekking activities to the Kolahoi Glaciers via Aru valley. The famous Bollywood movie, Betaab was shot that inspired this valley name to be Betaab valley.
With the long stretches of river in this place, it also attracts people for enjoying trout fishing like the Sheshnag Lake.
- How to reach Pahalgam – There are three easy ways by air, by bus, and by train. By Air, you can just take a flight to Srinagar International Airport and take a cab till Pahalgam. You can also reach the Jammu Railway station by train and then reach Pahalgam from Jammu or take a bus till Srinagar and then a connecting bus to Pahalgam.
- Interesting Things – Visiting the Betaab Valley, Aru valley, trout fishing, horseback riding, trekking, canoeing.
- The appropriate time to enjoy – March to October is the best time to visit here, and for enjoying snowfall, December and January months are perfect.
- Places to visit in Pahalgam – Betaab Valley, Sheshnag Lake, and Mamal Temple are the major attractions of this tourist place.
- Best Hotels or Resorts – Hotel Alpine K2, Eden Resorts, Premier Pahalgam, and Hotel Island Pahalgam are some of the hotels that you can choose from.
Which is better Pahalgam or Gulmarg?
In the winter season, most of the major places of Pahalgam or Gulmarg will be under snow, so if you want to enjoy the snow, then it’s okay to visit those places in these months. Both the places will have certain mind-refreshing natural beauties that can catch your eyes and soul. Gulmarg is known to have more tourists in the months of December and January as this is the skiing season.
4. Gulmarg – Skiing Lovers’ place
Do you want to know the popular name of this best place to visit in Jammu and Kashmir? It is popularly referred to as the ‘Meadow of Flowers’ that comes from the name (Gulmarg ‘gul’ meaning ‘flowers’ and ‘marg’ meaning meadows) because of the massive spread of flowers with the snow-capped mountains in the backgrounds. This is regarded as one of the best places to visit in Jammu and Kashmir for all seasons.
If you want some adventurous memories, then this place can be an ideal option for you for the vast skiing options. It is situated at a 2730m altitude above sea level in the Pir Panjal Range of Jammu and Kashmir.
This place is also popular among tourists since it has the world’s second-highest Gondola ride. For the Gulmarg Gondola rides, there are two-phase for which you can book the tickets that cost 740 INR for phase 1 (Gulmarg to Kongdori) and 950 INR for phase 2 that involves from Kongdori to Aparwath.
The Indian Institute of Skiing and Mountaineering is located here for which it is regarded as an adventure hub. The Gulmarg Golf course is also the longest in India and popular as the highest 18- hole golf course.
- How to reach Gulmarg – By air, you can reach the Srinagar International Airport by flight and then reach Gulmarg by acar that takes 3 hours with the distance between Srinagar and Gulmarg being around 50 km. You can also reach there by bus from Srinagar or reach the Jammu railway station by train.
- Interesting things – Gulmarg skiing, horse riding, Gondola ride, Mountain Biking, trekking are the exciting things you can do in Gulmarg.
- The appropriate time to enjoy – June to October is the best time to visit here but for snowfall, the best time is December and January.
- Places to visit in Gulmarg – Gulmarg Biosphere Reserve, Apharwat Park, and Strawberry Field are the major attractions of this place.
- Best Hotels or Resorts – The Gulmarg Khyber Himalayan Resort & Spa, Rosewood, Nedous Hotel Gulmarg are the best places you can plan a stay.
5. Amarnath Yatra – A Popular Journey for Pilgrims
The list will be incomplete if we do not include Amarnath as one of the best places to visit in Jammu and Kashmir since everyone has heard about this greatest pilgrimage in India with thousands of devotees of Lord Shiva. The Amarnath Shivling is the main attraction within the cave that is naturally formed with ice resembling Lord Shiva.
Yes, it is popular among the tourists for the challenging trekking trip as well. The Amarnath altitude being at 3882m above sea level is accessible only during the Shravan months of July and August. From the base point, you will need at least 3 days to reach there and you can follow two Amarnath yatra route maps.
One route for Amarnath Yatra is via the Baltal route which is shorter but includes a steep trekking route while the other route for Amarnath Yatra is more popular among the devotees which is the Pahalgam route but it takes a longer time to reach there.
Many private operators offer helicopter services on both of these routes but advance booking should be done. Another reason that made this place popular is the belief which states that Lord Shiva has told the secret of life and eternity to Parvati within the same cave where you can see the Amarnath Shivling.
- How to reach Amarnath – You can reach the Jammu railway station by train and then book a cab till Amarnath or you can reach by flight to Srinagar and book a can to Pahalgam.
- Interesting Things – Trekking and worship of Lord Shiva are the main two reasons this place is famous for.
- The appropriate time to enjoy – May to September is the best time to visit here.
- Places to visit in Amarnath – Amarnath Cave is the best place that should be visited in Amarnath for the Lord Shiva worshippers.
- Best Hotels or Resorts – Hotel Barzman, Sheen Woods Resort, and the Hotel Akbar Sonamarg are the best places where you can spend a day in Amarnath.
6. Jammu City – The City that represents beauty
One of the best places to visit in Kashmir is the city Jammu that is located in the southern part that is situated on the Shivalik range of mountains. It is regarded as the winter capital of Kashmir that is known for its holy and peaceful temples with the Shikaras.
This city is visited by a lot of tourists every year from across the world to enjoy the scenic beauty and feel the calmness away from the busy life. It is also commonly referred to as the “City of Temples” as there are plenty of temples present like the Vaishno Devi Temple, Raghunath Mandir, Peer Baba temple, Mahamaya Temple, and Peer Koch.
Besides the temples, another main attraction of this city is the Bahu Fort that enhances the beauty of this city. Some other famous tourist attractions include the Mubarak Mandi Palace that was constructed nearly 150 years and served as the royal residence of the Maharaja from the Dogra dynasty.
You can also visit the nearest hill station from Jammu, Patni Top that offers a vast opportunity for the trekkers close to the Pir Panjal range, about 112 km from Jammu. The state offers a picturesque beauty to enjoy and some major landmarks.
- How to reach Jammu – You can reach Jammu by boarding a flight to the Jammu airport or a bus or train till Jammu Tawi.
- Interesting things – Visiting the temples, various popular sightseeing, and trekking are the major things for which tourists visit this city.
- The appropriate Time to Enjoy – You can visit anytime throughout the year.
- Places to visit in Jammu – Vaishno Devi Katra, Bahu Fort, Raghunath Mandir, Mubarak Mandi Palace are the attractive places to visit in Jammu.
- Best Hotels or Resorts – Hotel Raghunath, Lemon Tree Hotel, Le Roi Jammu, etc. are the best places to spend the days of your trip to Jammu.
7. Patnitop – Picture-like beauty
PatniTop is situated in the lower Himalayan ranges that attract tourists with its awesome and endless natural beauty and the majestic heavenly views of the snow-peaked Himalayas. Thus, it is a perfect place to visit for all the nature-lovers since you will be amidst nature for your duration of stay.
It is situated in the Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir and due to the stunning majestic views, this counted as one of the best places to visit in Jammu and Kashmir. Besides the memorable sceneries to watch, it is also famous among the visitors for various activities like skiing, trekking and also the water springs fall under the major attractions of this place.
Patni Top paragliding is also one of the famous things to enjoy especially in Sanasar that is located 17 km away from this place. Have you heard of the famous longest road tunnel of 9km located in the Udhampur district of J&K. This is the Patni Top Tunnel or the popular Chennai-Nashri Tunnel that connects the two districts, Chennai and Nashri.
You can also visit the 600-year old temple, Naag Mandir Patnitop that witnesses thousands of devotees of Lord Shiva to worship Cobra, the king of snakes.
- How to reach Patni Top – You can reach Srinagar by plane and then to Patni Top via cab or if you want to go by train then you can reach Jammu or Udhampur railway station following which you can hire a taxi.
- Interesting Things – Trekking, Patni Top paragliding, skiing, and visit the main attractions.
- The appropriate time to enjoy – May to June and September to October are the best time or months to enjoy, the snowfall months include the end of December to February mid.
- Places to visit in Patni Top – Natha top, Naag Mandir Patni Top, Kud Park, Madha Top, etc are some of the major attractions for which tourists gather here each year.
- Best Hotels or Resorts – Poonch House, Hotel Trinetra Resorts, Hotel Singh Axis, etc. are some of the best hotels to book your stay here.
8. Sonamarg – Meadow of Gold
As the name suggests, ‘sona’ means ‘gold’ and ‘marg’ means meadow, thus this place is commonly referred to as the Meadow of Gold. It is a beautiful hill station in Jammu and Kashmir that will give you incredible natural beauty and thus it is one of the best places to visit in Jammu and Kashmir.
Situated at an altitude of 2800 km above sea level, Sonamarg is famous for the snowy fields with majestic glaciers and lakes surrounding those fields. The place is surrounded by the Kolahoi and Machoi glaciers. The attractive peaks like the Kolahoi Peak, Amarnath Peak, Sirbal Peak, and the Machoi Peak make this place an attractive place for trekking or adventure sports.
Sonamarg is the base camp for the various trekking routes that lead to the top mountain lakes like the Gangabal, Satsar Lake, Vishansar, and Krishan Sar Lake. This stunning valley is divided into two halves by the Thajiwas range. On one side, there is the fir-covered Thajiwas glacier that is known as the best camping place in Kashmir.
On the other side, you will witness some of the best waterfalls and the stunning Thajiwas glacier. Another exciting adventure that you can experience in Sonamarg is whitewater rafting on the Sind river alongside the dense forest and steep gorges. The distance between Sonamarg and the Zero Point is approximately 50 km and while going there you will see some of the memorable views across the Zojila Pass.
- How to reach Sonamarg – As this place is 70km from Srinagar so you can reach Srinagar by flight and then hire a cab till Sonamarg. Connecting buses are also available to reach Sonamarg.
- Interesting Things – Trekking, enjoying the Sonamarg local sightseeing, camping, and enjoying the beauty of nature.
- The appropriate Time to enjoy – June to October is the best time to visit Sonamarg but to enjoy the snow, you can go there by December and January.
- Places to visit in Sonamarg – Zojila Pass, Thajiwas Glacier, Baltal valley, and several lakes are the main attractions for which tourists come to Sonamarg.
- Best Hotels or Resorts – Sheen Woods Resort, Hotel Snow Land, Hotel Village walk are some of the best hotels or resorts to spend a night.
9. Shiv Khori Temple – Cave for Lord Shiva worshippers
As ‘Khori’ means ‘cave’ so Shiv Khori is a cave for Lord Shiva rather than a temple. The Shiv Khori gufa is about 200m long and 4 ft in height that houses a naturally made Shivling which is the second major shrine in the district of Jammu and Kashmir after Vaishno Devi Mandir.
On the left side of the Shivling, holy feet are symbolizing Mata Parvati with Lord Kartikeya as well. Above 2.5 feet, you will find a five-headed Ganesha. This cave is one of the best places to visit in Jammu and Kashmir which is nearly 80km from Katra. You will also see various natural images of 33 crore Hindu Deities within this cave.
The cave’s roof is etched with formations that resemble snakes and water continues to drip through these. There are also round cutting marks that you will find on the roof resembling that the cave is constructed by Lord Vishnu’s Sudarshan Chakra.
You may have heard of the popular Shiv Khori Mela that is a 3-day festival and visited by thousands of people across the globe. You need to book in advance for visiting the Shivling or this gufa. In the post-lockdown period, the Shiv Khori darshan timings have changed and are set to 7 AM to 5 PM. If you want to see the Arti, then it happens from 7 AM to 8 AM in the morning and 7 PM to 8 PM in the night.
Shiv Khori history briefly –
Let me tell you the historical significance of this place in short here. About thousands of years ago, there was a demon called Bhasmasur who dedicatedly worshipped for Lord Shiva and managed to get a blessing from Lord Shiva.
He was given the power to kill anyone by just keeping his hand over anyone’s head. With this power, Bhasmasur planned to kill Lord Shiva, and realizing that, Lord Shiva decided to escape from there with Parvati and Nandi.
While escaping, Lord Shiva stopped at a place near Shiv Khori to take some rest but the demon reached there too and a tremendous fight started between them. But, Lord Shiva decided not to kill Bhasmasur and threw his Trishul that marked the creation of this famous cave. The cave’s entrance was in such a way that only they can enter the cave and the demon could not.
After Lord Vishnu became aware of this thing, he disguised himself as a lady and went to lure the demon with her dancing steps. Bhasmasur started to dance with that lady and Lord Vishnu tricked him so that he keeps his hand on his head and that resulted in the destruction of this demon by his power. Following that, Lord Vishnu and all the other deities entered the cave and that is the reason for the presence of all the deities within that cave.
How to reach Shiv Khori – You can board a train to the Jammu Railway Station and then hire some buses to Shiv Khori. The nearest airport is the Satwari Airport, Jammu, and the international one being Amritsar Airport.
Interesting Things – If you are a real devotee, then visiting this Shiv Khori gufa is important because there are all deities within this cave.
The appropriate Time to enjoy – April to June is the best time for visiting this place.
Places to Visit in Shiv Khori – Nau Devi Temple, Baba Dhansar, Chenab Bridge, Dera Baba Banda are some of the major attractions near Shiv Khori.
Best Hotels or Resorts – Hotel New Tridev, Hotel Bali Resort Extension are some of the best places to book in Shiv Khori.
10. Yousmarg Switzerland of India
As this is one of the best places to visit in Jammu and Kashmir, hence it will not be fine if we exclude it from our list. This is an amazing beautiful hill station that is known among the visitors for its immense natural beauty.
Now, this place has been connected by a well-built motorable road and the Government is working on the roads of this place still which will soon make this place an ideal hub for tourists. If you are a trekker enthusiast and enjoy trekking long distances, then this place can be an ideal one for you.
There are many forests dense with Maple trees and one of the most romantic places in India with stunning natural beauty. This place is located at a distance of 47km from Srinagar and it is also sometimes referred to as the Switzerland of India.
You will be mesmerized to see the Dudh Ganga River that is especially known for its water that appears milky and a popular habitat for trout fishes. This place also acts as a base for plenty of super trekking expeditions.
How to reach Yousmarg – Like the previous places, you can reach Srinagar by air, train, and bus and then take a taxi to Yousmarg.
Interesting Things – Trekking, horse riding are the best things you can do here.
The appropriate Time to enjoy – October to December is the best time you can visit this place.
Places to visit in Yousmarg – The Yousmarg sightseeing includes Nilnag Lake and the Doodh Ganga River.
Best Hotels or Resorts – Some of the best places to stay in Yousmarg are the Cedrus Resort, Duskwood Lodge, and Heritage Luxury.
How to choose the best hotels or houseboats in Srinagar?
In this section, we will make you aware of the various factors that you must consider to choose the best hotel or houseboat whichever you want to enjoy your trip.
Location of the accommodation – You will find houseboats on Dal Lake and Nigeen Lake in Srinagar. So you can choose a houseboat on any location as per your liking though according to use, the houseboats on the Dal Lake are the best ones if you want a more peaceful ambiance, then you can choose the best houseboats in Srinagar on the Nagin Lake.
If you choose hotels to spend the days of your trip then there are many best hotels in Srinagar near Dal Lake but you must check that some of the major attractions or most of the local sightseeing are located closely from your place of stay.
Access to the hotel/houseboat – For houseboats, some can be accessed via road while for some, you need to take a shikara ride always. For the hotels too, as mentioned in the previous point, you must check that some attractive places are near the hotel and also the restaurants if there is no on-site restaurant facility.
On-site restaurants – For dinner, it is advisable that you must select an in-house restaurant within the hotel areas thus; you do not need to go out of the hotels. In the case of houseboats, you must check that there are food facilities available.
Additional areas – The additional area implies a dining area, a seating area, or an attached balcony. These are important so that you can enjoy the majestic views of nature by relaxing there sitting on a chair and while taking a cup of coffee or Kahwa tea.
Facilities or features of the hotels or houseboats – You must ensure that the hotels or houseboats whatever you choose should have free internet access, power backup options, TV, coffee machine in the rooms with conference rooms’ facilities if you need an office or business meeting.
Recommendation for the best hotels in Srinagar
We want to highlight some of the best hotels in Srinagar near Dal Lake
as per your preference:
Coming to the luxury hotels, you can choose among the below five:
- Vivanta Dal View
- The Lalit Grand Palace Srinagar
- Kashmir Mahal Resorts
- Radisson Srinagar
- Four Points by Sheraton Srinagar
Now, for the economical ones, you can choose the best one from below
- RK Sarovar Portico
- Lemon Tree Hotel
- Fortune Resort Heevan
- Welcome Hotel
- Hotel Asian Park
If you want some budget-friendly hotels, then choose from the below
- Hotel Pacific
- The Grand Mamta
- Royal Batoo
- Brown Palace
- Centre Point Srinagar
To know more about the facilities of these hotels in detail, please check the best hotels in Srinagar near Dal Lake
Recommendation for the best houseboats to stay in Srinagar
- New Jacqueline Heritage Houseboats Nagin Lake
- Akbar Group of Heritage Houseboats
- WelcomHeritage Gurkha Houseboats
- New Golden Flower Heritage Houseboats
- Chicago Group of Houseboats
- Peacock Houseboats
- Young Bombay Group of Houseboats
- Swan Group of Houseboats
- Fantasia Houseboats
- Royal Dandoo Palace Group of Houseboats
To know each of them in detail, visit here top 10 houseboats in Srinagar
A Guide for making you aware of all the Safety Guidelines for the Post-Covid period
- This guide is essential for you to go through so that you can travel safely because most people are still scared about the pandemic and not traveling although they want to.
- If you are doing interstate travel to Kashmir, then there is no issue or restrictions that you need to face.
- COVID-19 test reports are essential for entering the state, if those come out to be positive, then he/she will not be allowed to enter.
- All the passengers have to fill the ICMR form when they arrive
- The tourists will be subjected to the Covid-19 antigen test which is compulsory.
- The passengers for whom the RT-PCR test reports will be negative do not have to stay in isolation.
- For all international travelers, they have to be in quarantine for 14 days.
- The business travelers will be exempted from quarantine within 4 days if they have onward or return tickets.
Activities in Kashmir that are permitted
- The Vaishno Devi has reopened now.
- After 6 months of lockdown period, the Gulmarg Gondola rides have started.
- On the Dal Lake, the Shikara rides started operating.
- All kinds of public transport facilities like buses, auto-rickshaws, and cabs are operational.
- The local trains are operating for a limited time.
- No restrictions or limitations for any kind of interstate travel.
Frequently Asked Questions About Top 10 Tourist Places in Jammu and Kashmir
Q1. What are the main centers of tourism in Jammu and Kashmir?
The main centers of tourism in Jammu and Kashmir are Srinagar, the Mughal Gardens, Gulmarg, Pahalgam, Patnitop, Yousmarg, etc. Take a look at the above list to know more about the major attractions in detail.
Q2. What should I wear in Jammu and Kashmir?
In the summer season, you can wear anything appropriate like jeans, trousers, etc. In the winter season, you need to carry some jackets, gumboots, full-sleeve sweaters, shawls, caps to keep your body warm and not catch a cold easily. For the autumn and spring seasons, it is enough if you carry light jackets or normal sweaters with you.
Q3. Which is the best month to visit Jammu and Kashmir?
The months from March to October are the best to visit all the major attractions of Jammu and Kashmir since after that to February most of the places are covered with snow so remains inaccessible.
Q4. Is Kashmir more beautiful than Switzerland?
This is such a question that can have different answers according to the views of different people. Both the places are extremely beautiful and it entirely depends on you whether you feel Kashmir more beautiful than Switzerland or vice versa. If you want to enjoy the natural beauty at a relatively less price or do not want to travel abroad, then you can enjoy a similar kind of beauty in Kashmir instead of traveling to Switzerland.
Q5. Is Kashmir safe for tourists?
Frankly speaking, safety entirely depends on you whether the tourist place you are planning is Kashmir or some other place in the world. Many people get scared to hear about Kashmir thinking that it is a dangerous place to travel but it is not so. You can visit Kashmir without worrying about anything now because it has become quite a safe place to plan a trip.
Q6. How much does it cost to visit Kashmir?
A: Let me give you an idea of the cost required to visit Kashmir in three different categories as per your liking.
Deluxe – 5499 Rupees per person.
Luxury – 7499 Rupees per person.
Premium – 9499 Rupees per person.
Q7. Is visiting Kashmir worth it?
Yes, of course. Kashmir is one of the best tourist destinations in the world and it is also referred to as the second Paradise. You can enjoy few days in Kashmir to stay away from the hectic city life.
Q8. What are some of the best things to buy in Kashmir?
You can purchase items made of Walnut wood, Kashmiri apples, tea, shawls, and some other
Q9. Has Article 370 been removed from Jammu & Kashmir?
Yeah, Article 370 has been removed and this led to the opening up of real estate opportunities like hotels, resorts, etc. Thus, the travel business has improved a lot with the chances of opening various hotel branches across India.
Q10. What are some of the local foods that I can try in Jammu and Kashmir?
The famous local dishes include Kashmiri Pulao, Kashmiri gravy, and several preparation of chicken, mutton. Kashmiri tea, Kahwa is also a popular beverage that one must taste.
Hope you have gathered enough information that is essential regarding the best places to visit in Jammu and Kashmir. Though there are a lot of such tourist places, we have picked up the top 10 tourist places that may blow your mind.
We have also included all the important things that you may need to visit each place like the process of reaching there, the best time to visit, things to do or the places to visit, and more. Apart from mentioning the places, we have also given extra information like the guidelines during the post-Covid period, ways of choosing a hotel or houseboat, etc.
We hope that you have enjoyed going through the entire blog and we are quite sure that you are already making a trip plan to Kashmir shortly.